Publications and Speeches
Phosphorus, Scarcity of Natural Resources, and the Law
During the last years, the Research Unit Sustainability and Climate
Policy has done a lot of research on questions of phosphorus and
scarcity of natural resources, as well as on land-use and climate change
- from a transdisciplinary point of view.
See, among other papers, here.
Felix Ekardt on various international conferences
Since 2007, Felix Ekardt has given speeches and presentations on some
50 international conferences on questions of sustainability, climate
change, justice, human rights, phosphorus scarcity, land-use, etc. For
details and also for forthcoming speeches, see the list of presentations.
Universalism and Discourse Ethics
The Research Unit Sustainability and Climate Policy has done a lot of
research on the normative grounds of sustainability - respectively on
the theoretical basis of both ethics and law. The most informative is
the big German volume "Theorie der Nachhaltigkeit", but there is also a
number of English papers. See, among other papers, here.
Read all news
Curriculum Vitae of Felix Ekardt
- Between 1991 and 2002 legal studies and two state examinations; master degree in social sciences and religious studies; and a European law master (in Berlin, Marburg, and Leipzig)
- Research Assistant at the University of Aberdeen (Scotland) 1996
- Rechtsreferendariat in Leipzig between 1997 and 1999
- Assistant at lawyers office specialized in environmental law, 1995–2003
- Earned the doctorate in 2000 at the University of Halle on the economic, cultural, religious-historical, etc. reasons for the lack of sustainability (awarded twice)
- Finished his teaching thesis (Habilitation) 2003 at the University of Rostock on a theory of sustainability
- Professor for public law with a focus on German, European, and international environmental law at the University of Bremen (faculty of law) between the beginning of 2003 and the end of 2008
- Since the start of 2009, professor for public law and legal
philosophy at the University of Rostock (faculty of law) and Director
of the Research Unit Sustainability and Climate Policy in Leipzig
- Since October 2012 also long-termin fellow at the Research Institute
for Philosophy in Hanover
- Guest lecturer at the University of Leipzig (faculty of philosophy) since 2002 and at a number of Chinese universities in Beijing and Tianjin since 2008
- Long-Term Fellow at the University of Hannover (Research Institute for
Philosophy) since 2012
- Visiting professor for legal philosophy at the University of Göttingen in 2011
- Author for national German newspapers on a regular basis
- Political advisory work on transnational and national level, e.g. for diverse ministries and parliamentary groups, for instance for the German Federal Ministry for Environment on conceptions of climate policy until 2050). Moreover, member of several expert commissions, e. g. the German soil protection commission of the German Federal Government(Kommission Bodenschutz der Bundesregierung)
- Some 60 international speeches/presentation between 2007 and 2010, among others on the world congress of the International Association for Philosophy of Law and Social Philosophy (IVR) (several times), world congress of sustainability researchers, world congress of sociology of law, world eco tax congress, world fertiliser congress, etc.
- One of the five young researchers of the year 2007 (rating by the Deutscher Hochschulverband and the ZEIT)