Publications and Speeches
Phosphorus, Scarcity of Natural Resources, and the Law
During the last years, the Research Unit Sustainability and Climate
Policy has done a lot of research on questions of phosphorus and
scarcity of natural resources, as well as on land-use and climate change
- from a transdisciplinary point of view.
See, among other papers, here.
Felix Ekardt on various international conferences
Since 2007, Felix Ekardt has given speeches and presentations on some
50 international conferences on questions of sustainability, climate
change, justice, human rights, phosphorus scarcity, land-use, etc. For
details and also for forthcoming speeches, see the list of presentations.
Universalism and Discourse Ethics
The Research Unit Sustainability and Climate Policy has done a lot of
research on the normative grounds of sustainability - respectively on
the theoretical basis of both ethics and law. The most informative is
the big German volume "Theorie der Nachhaltigkeit", but there is also a
number of English papers. See, among other papers, here.
Read all news
Publications of Felix Ekardt and the Research Unit Sustainability and Climate Policy
This is a list of some international English publications of Felix
Ekardt and the Research Unit Sustainability and Climate Policy. A complete list of all publications can be found on the German page
- The Clean Development as a Governance
Issue, Carbon & Climate Law Review 2013, forthcoming (with Anne-Katrin Exner)
- Climate Change, Sustainability, and
Justice, in: Hollo, Erkki (ed.): Climate Change and the Law. A
Global Perspective (Handbook), Berlin 2013, p. 63
- Examples on National Climate Policy:
Germany, in: Hollo, Erkki (Hg.): Climate Change and the Law. A
Global Perspective (Handbook), Berlin 2013, p. 523
- Toward A New Approach to Discourse Theory of
Law and Justice, ARSP 2012, p. 377
- International Resource Politics,
Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung, 2012 (with Wuppertal Institute and Heidi Feldt)
- Extended emissions trading versus
sustainability criteria: Managing the ecological and social
ambivalences of bioenergy, RELP 2012, p. 49 (with Hartwig von Bredow)
- Legal Perspectives of sustainable P use in agriculture, EcoRegion Perspectives November 2011, p. 29 (with Nadine Holzapfel und Andrea Ulrich)
- A Critical Review of “Efficiency Ethics”. The Case of Climate Economics, in: Mathis, Klaus (ed.): Efficiency, Sustainability, and Justice to Future Generations, Berlin 2011, p. 181
- Sustainability, Land-use, and Soil Protection. A Legal Perspective, Agriculture & Forestry Research 2011, p. 83 (with Nadine Holzapfel, Andrea Ulrich, Ewald Schnug and Silvia Haneklaus)
- Land use, climate change and emissions trading. European and international legal aspects of the post-Kyoto process, CCLR 2011, forthcoming (with Bettina Hennig und Hartwig von Bredow)
- Intergenerational Justice and Human Rights, in: Markus, Jean-Paul (ed.): Intergenerational Justice, Paris 2011, forthcoming
- Managing the Ecological and Social Ambivalences of Bioenergy - Sustainability Criteria versus Extended Carbon Markets, in: Leal, Walter (ed.), The Economic, Social, and Political Aspects of Climate Change, Berlin 2011, p. 455 (with Hartwig von Bredow)
- Phosphorus Scarcity, Governance, and the Law, in: Schnug, Ewald (Hg.): Phosphorus, 2011, i.E. (with Nadine Holzapfel, Andrea Ulrich, Silvia Haneklaus und Ewald Schnug)
- Sustainability and Phosphorus Scarcity, in: Schnug, Ewald (Hg.): Phosphorus, 2011, i.E.
- Absolute Quantity Reductions as a Legal Problem, JEEPL 2010, 267 (with Nadine Holzapfel und Andrea Ulrich)
- Climate Change and Social Distributive Justice, in: Pan Jiahua (Hg.): Climate Policy after Copenhagen, Beijing 2011, p. 83. (English/ Chinese)
- Economics, Ethics, and the Limits to Efficiency Theory: A Critical Review of “rational” Efficiency Ethics and Business Ethics – Shortcomings by Economic Theory, Stern, Nordhaus, and IPCC, Journal of International Business Ethics 2/ 2010, 29 ff. (with Martin Wilke)
- Of Unity in Diversity and Inherent Tensions: Interpreting the European Union’s New Architecture of Fundamental Rights, Columbia Journal of European Law 2010, i.E. (with Daniel Kornack)
- The Added Value of the Environment: Ethical Aspects of Climate Change, Journal of International Business Ethics 2009, Vol. 1, 46 ff.
- The Right to Equal Liberty (in preparation)
- Border Adjustments, WTO Law, and Climate Protection, Critical Issues in Environmental Taxation 2009, p. 737 ff. (with Andrea Schmeichel)
- Distributive Justice, Competitiveness, and Transnational Climate Protection: ‘One Human – One Emission Right’, Carbon & Climate Law Review 2009, p. 102 ff. (with Antonia von Hövel)
- Climate Protection, Justice, and CDM. A Review of the Copenhagen Protocol Draft, Carbon & Climate Law Review 2009, p. 261 ff. (with Anne-Katrin Exner and Sibylle Albrecht)
- Issues of Non-Sustainability in Fertiliser Legislation, LBF 2009, forthcoming
- Sustainability and a New Concept of Liberty, in: Bugge, Hans Christian and Voigt, Christina (eds.): Sustainable Development in International and National Law, Groningen 2008, p. 67 ff.
- Legal Aspects of Uranium in environmental Compartments, in: De Kok, Luit and Schnug, Ewald (eds.): Loads and Fate of fertiliser derived Uranium, Groningen 2008, p. 209 ff. (with Ewald Schnug)